What the most relevant social media articles this week? Read below for our selection of the top articles and key takeaways:
Dissecting the Anatomy of a Five-Star Email
- Magill research estimated that marketers earned $39 for every $1 spent on email marketing last year.
- Ensure your email communication is consistent with company branding. This will help to improve your brand experience as well as have your communication stick out from the crowd.
- Add social share buttons to extend the reach of your emails as well as generate new leads.
4 Things You Need to Know About the New Pinterest
- Clicking on a pin will show other pins from the same board and other pins from the same website.
- Pinterest added a suggestion box “People who pinned this also pinned…”
- Hitting the back button will take you to the search results instead of the home page.
- The add pin button has now be added to the pull-down menu.
Facebook Working on Incorporating the Hashtag
- Facebook is testing whether to incorporate hashtags to allow for greater search capabilities.
- This is part of the goal to make Facebook a “personalized newspaper” with the ability to search all public posts.
- This could point to closer integration with Instagram, which Facebook acquired, and already sorts photos using the hashtag.
What do you think? Are there any other great stories we missed? Let us know on our Facebook, Twitter, or the comments below!
We have been testing and compiling all relevant design changes for Facebook Page admins and are very happy to share our knowledge with everyone. Below is a PowerPoint highlighting primary and secondary design changes for Facebook Page Timelines. Bonfire has tested and mastered both, so if you have any questions or need assistance, let us know and we will help any way we can.